tours - virtualWade House: An 1860s Stagecoach Inn
Since 1953, Wade House has been operated as a state historic site by the Wisconsin Historical Society. The Greek Revival-style inn was the venture of Sylvanus and Betsey Wade, Yankee settlers to the upper Midwest. They fed and lodged travelers on the plank road that connected Fond du Lac and Sheboygan. The structure is located in the village of Greenbush. Seen here is a room on the first floor of the large, 27-room inn. Read our feature story about Wade House.