tours - virtualThe Herrling Sawmill
The Herrling Sawmill is located on the grounds of the Wade House historic site in Greenbush. It is a replica of the original mill that once operated on the same spot from 1854 to 1910. The original mill was owned and operated by German immigrant Theodor Herrling. The new mill, which opened to the public in 2001, is a rare example of a working, water-powered sawmill in North America. Read more about the Herrling Sawmill in our feature story about Wade House.